Russell Steele is the Director of RSA Liquor Professionals and brings a wealth of experience to the company in liquor licensing practices, training, major event planning and event management, compliance auditing and acoustic testing.
Russell worked in the Liquor Licensing Division and Office of Liquor & Gaming Regulation for 9 years and resigned as a Principal Compliance Officer to launch RSA Liquor Professionals in late 2009. In LLD/OLGR Russell was responsible for all Brisbane region risk assessments of new licensed premises, Statewide risk assessment policies and procedures, major prosecutions and disciplinary actions, review of all State-wide 3-5am extended hours permits, State-wide major event planning and a broad range of major compliance policies and procedures.
At varying times Russell acted as Principal Investigator on the Statewide Flying Squad, as Manager, Liquor Compliance for the Brisbane Region and briefly as Project Manager for the 2008/9 Liquor Reform project. Russell has worked in and conducted compliance operations in every LLD/OLGR region across Queensland and has a broad knowledge base of every major licensed premises and entertainment precinct in the State.
Russell has a broad range of nationally accredited Qualifications (see below) and applies this training and experience to provide professional consultancy and advice for licensees to ensure compliance with the Liquor Act 1992 and related legislation.
- Diploma of Event Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Business Management
- (Compliance Management Stream)
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma in Government (Investigations)
- Bruel & Kjaer Noise Survey and 2250 Advanced Applications
- DIR Environmental Noise Assessment Course
- Queensland Police Service Liquor Investigators Course
- LLD Characteristics & Measurement of Noise
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- (Updated to TAA 40104 in 2009)
- Advanced Government Decision Making Workshop (Clayton Utz)
- Managing Investigations & Prosecutions Conference
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
Prior to joining LLD/OLGR Russell gained ten years experience working in and managing licensed premises and major events in Queensland and the Northern Territory including working for many of the State’s leading hotel groups and can apply his detailed knowledge to practical management solutions in the hotel, club and restaurant environment.